Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Women...

Welcome to the always sunny and extremely superstitious Turkey. This country is famous not only for its crystal clear waters and white sands, handsome and rich men, but also for their perception of a woman. With flow of history, the role of women in Turkey was constantly changing and developing; as a result, a lot of superstitions appeared where woman is the main character, usually negative one.

 If you are planning to visit Turkey one day, just remember a few most interesting beliefs:
    •   If you are walking along the street, never walk in between two women as you will lose your beard very soon (unless you are the woman with beard and want to get rid of it);
    •   If a woman passes in front of a man, it is for bad luck;
    •   If a woman passes in front of a hunter, the hunt will be unsuccessful;
    •   If a woman drinks only the half of her cup of tea, she will become a widow very soon;
    •   If a young woman wears or simply tries on the ring of a married man, her marriage will be unhappy;
    •   If a woman eats eggs while being pregnant, her future child will be very naughty;
    •   If a pregnant woman is asking for something, her baby will resemble the man who helps her;
    •   If a woman walks in between two men, she will become non-fertile;
    •   A relative of a woman who sees penis in her dream will die;
    •  A person who sees a girl child in his/her dream receives bad news.
I think you have already understood it is better not to pass in front of men, walk in between 2 people of the same gender, try somebody's rings and tell about your dreams. And always remember to drink your tea till the end.
I hope you found something new for you. See you next week in China.

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this is very interesting and peculiar. I will DEFINITELY remember for the future, when vacationing in Turkey; not to let my wife eat eggs and make sure she finishes her tea !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEVER go to Turkey alone)))Turkish men are very persistant, even boys are in danger xoxoxox

      Delete
  2. I know that each culture and country has their own ways and beliefs but I must admit, some of Turkey's ideas here are a little to strange for me. I don't know if I went to Turkey that I would even be able to follow or remember all of these beliefs because they are so different from that of my own. It just goes to show how diverse cultures throughout the world are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are totally right Jessica)) if you ever go to Turkey, never chew a gum after 6 p.m. - it is believed you are chewing dead body :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how prevalent these superstitions are in Turkey - or rather, how seriously they are taken. These are really interesting - I used to have a co-worker who lived in Turkey when he was younger, perhaps I'll ask him about this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this post to be very interesting. I know each culture has many different beliefs and superstitions, but who knew Turkey's were so unique. Keep the post coming, this one by far was one of my favorites.

    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really interesting - I love all of the superstitions, what a great blog idea. I guess when I go to Turkey from now on I'll have to make sure I drink my entire cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete